The new standard in custom fabrication, White Walls Fabrication expertly designs and builds engaging activations for global brands, scenic and stages for the entertainment industry, interactive exhibits for B-to-B trade shows and conventions, retail displays and kiosks, custom furniture, and unique installations for stunning interiors.
We combine imagination with knowledge and a true understanding of culture to unlock moments unseen for companies such as Amazon, Fox, VidCon, The Visionary Group, PMK/MKG and Tool to name a few. We conceive things truly new to this world that form the context for conversation and create impactful relationships for a bright future.
We are seeking a Skilled Carpenter to join our fabrication house.
The ideal candidate should have experience in construction, carpentry, woodworking, or have a carpentry background within the general labor industry. They should have a strong understanding of materiality and construction. The right candidate should be able to jump right in with little instruction and be self-motivated. They should exhibit a strong attention to detail and take pride in their work. They must be flexible and available to work various hours.
- Read drawings and sketches to fully grasp requirements.
- Take measurements and calculate sizes and amounts of material needed.
- Cut, shape and smooth lumber and other material (e.g. acrylic) according to measurements.
- Build using raw materials or pre-constructed items.
- Conduct repairs or maintenance.
Requirements For The Role
- Have proven experience as carpenter (5 + years).
- Have hands-on experience in working with carpentry materials.
- Exhibit an excellent understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction.
- Exhibit proficiency in using electrical and manual equipment and measurement tools (powered saws, hammers, rulers, etc).
- Exhibit ability to read technical documents and drawings.
- Exhibit a willingness to follow safety guidelines at all times.
- Have a good understanding of basic math.
- Maintain good physical condition and endurance.
- *Position requires traveling, including installing builds onsite.
- $20 hourly (depending on experience)
Ideal Hire Date
- 1-2 weeks
- 7:00 AM – 4 PM / Monday – Friday
- Overtime as required
- Available on weekends and evenings, as needed
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org